Find Out If You Have a Case
Personal Injury Lawyer — Whittier, CA
If you’ve suffered a personal injury due to a motor vehicle accident, you’re not alone. With over 31 million registered personal and commercial vehicles on the road, California is known for its heavy traffic. Unfortunately, this results in almost 200,000 vehicular accidents a year according to the most recent data.
Being the victim of a car, truck or motorcycle accident is an unsettling experience. It’s likely you may be confused in regards to what steps you should take. Are you eligible for personal injury compensation? If so, how do you file your claim? And how much can you expect to get in order to cover your medical bills and loss of wages?
You’ll get the answers to all this and more in the following article. Remember: no matter what, you’re not alone. Call our Whittier personal injury lawyers for your FREE consultation today.
In the meantime, here’s everything you need to know about hiring the best Whittier personal injury lawyer to settle your case.
If You’re Injured, Who Pays?
It depends upon who was at fault for the accident. A great Whittier personal injury attorney can gather the evidence and present your case if you were injured due to another driver’s negligence.
Some states are known as “no-fault” states. However, California is a one of 38 states where the person at fault must pay damages, if applicable. This is known as proving liability.
Your personal injury attorney will gather the evidence to prove the following:
- Duty of care: This means the other driver had a responsibility to act in a way that would not cause injury to other drivers.
- Breach of duty: The driver of the other vehicle failed to act responsibly, resulting in injury to you.
- Causation: This points to the party that caused the accident. It can be difficult in some cases to determine causation. That’s why you need an experienced lawyer, who knows what evidence is required for proof.
- Damages: You may be able to receive financial compensation for any damages you've sustained. Examples of such damages include physical injuries, vehicle damages, emotional distress, and more.
Injured in a Personal Injury Accident? Take These 6 Steps
The most important thing to do after a personal injury accident is to keep calm. Having a plan can help. Here are the six critical steps to take when you’ve been involved in an accident.
Step One: Get to Safety as Quickly as Possible
If your vehicle is drivable after the accident, pull over to the shoulder or to a nearby parking lot. If you’re unable to drive your vehicle, put on your hazard lights and get to safety.
Step Two: Call the Authorities
Do this immediately. You want the police at the scene of the accident as soon as possible. However, do wait to get to a safe location before making the call.
Step Three: Make Sure There is a Signed Accident Report
It is important to make sure the police fill out and sign an accident report BEFORE leaving the scene. This report serves as proof that the accident occurred.
Step Four: Exchange Information
Legally, you and the other driver must provide one another with your driver’s license information, registration card and insurance. If you have your phone with you, take a picture of each of these documents.
Step Five: Take Pictures
Get pictures of any damage to your car. Also try to get pictures of the other driver’s vehicle, including all sides, front and back, in case he or she incurs damage later on due to another altercation. You want to show the maximum of the damage that was there due to this specific collision if possible.
Also be sure to take a picture of the license plate with the numbers and letters clearly visible.
Step Six: Get Medical Help Immediately
There are two important reasons NOT to wait to go to the hospital, your doctor or Urgent Care:
Because you’ve sustained a shock, you might have injuries you don’t feel immediately. While you may think this means you’re well enough to wait for medical attention, you could have a physical issue that needs attention now.
When you’re pursuing personal injury compensation later, the fact that you quickly got medical care can only help your case.
Step Seven: Call Greenleaf Law Group
You’re going through an uncertain time. On top of that, you’re trying to take care of injuries that may be impacting both your work and personal life. Let us help you recover with a peace of mind. Our personal injury lawyers will negotiate with the insurance company for you and file a personal injury claim as necessary. Contact us today for a FREE consultation and let us take the worries off your shoulders while you recuperate.Get Your FREE Consultation
How Much Compensation Can You Expect?
Every accident is different, and your injuries differ from the next person’s. A great Whittier personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you’re eligible for financial compensation for any of the following:
- Medical bills
- Medical expenses for any follow-up treatments
- Lost wages
- Emotional suffering
- Permanent injury
- Wrongful death
Ultimately, how much compensation you can recover depends on the severity of your accident and on the quality of your personal injury lawyer. Experienced personal injury attorneys are able to accurately compile evidence, aggressively fight for your legal rights, and utilize the law to your advantage. This is why it's very important to not hire any personal injury lawyer you may see on the television.
Unlike other law offices, our personal injury law firm never settles for easy settlements. No matter how long it may take, our personal injury lawyers will stay by your side and recover the compensation you so truly deserve from the liable party's insurance company. We have successfully dealt with numerous personal injury cases and are ready to win yours as well.
Having Legal Representation Is the Right Decision
Even if you feel you have a solid case, you’re taking a risk by pursuing compensation alone. You may miss new laws or changes in laws, miss filing dates, or may be seeking compensation from the wrong source (the other driver’s personal insurance rather than his or her employer’s insurance if driving a company vehicle is just one example of this).
Top reasons for choosing a great Whittier personal injury claim expert are:
- You may receive a higher financial settlement. According to industry data, personal injury victims who hired an attorney received three times the compensation versus those who didn't.
- A local Whittier personal injury lawyer knows what you’re going through. You have enough to worry about. Hiring the right law firm to handle your case means you can take care of getting yourself well, instead of worrying about your settlement.
- Some firms offer risk-free case management. Some legal groups have policies where you are never charged a fee unless your case is won for you. Greenleaf Law Group will NEVER charge you a fee unless we win your settlement.
DO YOU KNOW YOUR RIGHTS? CONTACT OUR KNOWLEDGEABLE ATTORNEYS TODAY.
The Most Common Causes for Personal Injury Accidents
Personal injury covers a large area of accidents. It is often associated with motor vehicle accidents due to the sheer amount of automobiles out there today. However, there are also other instances where one may qualify for a personal injury case. Below are some of the most common personal injury accidents in Whittier:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Wrongful Death Cases
If someone you loved experienced a personal injury or a wrongful death due to another's negligent actions, it is best to have the law punish the liable party. Our personal injury lawyers will guide you through the legal process and help recover sufficient compensation from the corresponding insurance company. We are your legal advocates.
The Most Common Reasons for Motor Vehicle Accidents
There are many reasons you may be involved in an accident with another car, truck or motorcycle. However, a few are very common in Whittier and Southern California auto collisions. These include:
Being distracted. Being on a cell phone, eating, putting makeup on/adjusting one’s clothes or hair in the mirror, and other actions are all dangerous and can result in a collision.
Speeding. With a high percentage of commuters and commercial vehicles, California freeways and even local roads are prime locations for accidents due to speeding.
Driving under the influence. While we know it goes without saying, NEVER drive while under the influence of alcohol, certain medications or drugs, including legal marijuana. All of these can slow your reflexes and make you less aware of your surroundings.
Fatigue. Driving when you’re tired can result in drifting from one lane to another, losing track of the other drivers’ actions, or having slower reflexes, putting you at risk for hitting another vehicle.
Reckless driving. Don’t illegally switch lanes or swerve in and out of heavy traffic. No matter what you think of your own driving skills, other drivers may not be ready for these sudden changes, and a car accident can be the result.
Common Personal Injuries Due to Auto Accidents
There are many ways you may have been injured in your car accident. Each will be accounted for by our personal injury attorneys when building your personal injury case.
Some common personal injuries suffered by victims of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Injuries to the head and face. These include concussion, scrapes and bruises, loss of consciousness and in extreme cases, ongoing issues, like seizures.
- Injuries to the neck. Upper spinal injuries and whiplash are the most frequent neck issues resulting from vehicular collisions.
- Broken ribs. While seat belts significantly boost your chances of surviving an accident, if the belt isn’t placed correctly, or if the accident was particularly severe, you may experience this issue.
- Back injuries. Injury to the back can lead to severe consequences, and medical treatment should immediately be sought after.
- Broken limbs. These include breaks to the leg, arm, fingers, wrists, ankles or feet.
- Scrapes and bruises. While these may be less dangerous, untreated cuts to the skin could lead to infection and pain.
- Post-accident trauma. This is more common than you may think, and will be addressed if applicable to your case.
Greenleaf Law Group Is Your BEST Option
Don’t wait…call our qualified attorneys today. You’ll receive personal attention from a caring and professional expert who wants to help. Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping injured victims suffering from someone else's negligence. Let us be your legal guide. Our law office offers various free legal services such as free consultations!
At Greenleaf Law Group, we offer all of the following:
- Personal, caring, and professional handling of your case.
- 24/7, on-call communication if you need us.
- Years of experience handling car accident claims.
- A FREE consultation.
- A 99% success rate.
- You ONLY pay us if we successfully settle your claim for you.
Whether you suffered minor injuries or catastrophic injuries, let our law firm know! We are here to fight for your legal rights, and we never let accident victims go home empty handed. Reach us at (562) 550-7676 or through our contact page. Our legal team is on standby 24/7.
CALL OUR LAW OFFICE TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
You never pay a fee unless we win your case for you, and we’ll never receive more financial compensation than you do. We always put accident victims first – so you can get back on the road and back to your normal life as quickly as possible.