Find Out If You Have a Case
Motorcycle Accident Attorney — Whittier, CA
Motorcycle enthusiasts are a common sight in California with over 800,000 registered riding enthusiasts in the state. This means California has more motorcycle riders than any other state. Unfortunately, with so many other vehicles on the road, Whittier motorcycle drivers may be at high risk for accidents, especially during peak travel hours.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident due to someone else's negligence, you’ll need a Whittier motorcycle accident attorney who knows how to get you the compensation you deserve. Here’s everything you need to know to avoid the common pitfalls involving motorcycle accidents.
Steps to Take if You’ve Been in a Motorcycle Accident
Whether you were the driver of the motorcycle or the other vehicle, there are certain steps a good motorcycle accident attorney will advise you to take. Remember: following these steps exactly may help your case later on.
Step One: Make Sure You’re in a Safe Location
If your motorcycle is still drivable, get it safely to the shoulder or the side street. Do NOT stand next to your vehicle if you can’t get it out of the road, and do not try to pull or carry your motorcycle, especially if you feel you may have been injured. Doing so may prevent further car accidents from occurring.
Step Two: Call the Proper Authorities
Even if you have witnesses, call 911 immediately to report the accident. Get to a safe spot and stand well out of the way of traffic to make your call.
Step Three: Make Sure the Accident Report is Completed
You MUST make sure the police fill out a formal accident report and sign it before leaving the scene. A police report is your written proof that the accident took place.
Step Four: Exchange Information with the Other Driver
Get the license, registration and insurance information of all parties involved. Taking a picture of such information with your phone is best. If you don’t have your phone, write the information down.
If the driver does not want to give you this information, inform him or her that you are legally entitled to it. If there is still a problem, tell the police when they arrive.
Step Five: Take Pictures
Take a picture of the other driver’s license plate, any damage to their vehicle, and damage to your motorcycle.
Step Six: Get Medical Help
Go to the hospital, urgent care or your doctor IMMEDIATELY after you have exchanged information with the other driver and the police have left the scene. Not all injuries are immediately apparent. Only a doctor can tell you what treatment you may need, even if you feel relatively fine at first.
The sooner you seek medical help after the accident, the better. You will need any injuries documented in case you’ll be pursuing personal injury medical compensation later.
Step Seven: Call Greenleaf Law Group
Again: don’t wait. Our motorcycle accident lawyers will advise you every step of the way what your options are, whether you may have a case, and how to go forward from here so you have your best chance of a settlement, if one is applicable.FREE Consultation Today
Determining How Much Your Claim is Worth
Claims vary in how much compensation the victim may expect to receive. The following will be taken into account:
- Your medical bills immediately after the accident
- Medical expenses for expected future treatment
- Permanent injury
- Loss of wages
- Damage to your motorcycle
- Pain and suffering due to your injuries
- Emotional suffering
- Wrongful death
However, no matter how good of an accident case you may have, you may not be able to receive sufficient compensation should you hire an inexperienced motorcycle accident lawyer. For example, even the most qualified A+ ingredients are useless in the hands of a beginner cook.
Hire our motorcycle accident lawyers today and see for yourself how we can help you. Our personal injury law firm excels in helping underrepresented victims injured in motorcycle accidents. We will fight hard and never settle for easy settlements from the liable party's insurance company. Our motorcycle accident lawyers have managed to win over 99% of the cases entrusted to them.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Even if you’re a careful rider, accidents can happen. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Weaving. Be very careful of weaving in and out of traffic. The car in front of or behind you in either lane may suddenly make a lane change, speed up, or slow down.
- Being distracted. Be alert at all times while on your motorcycle.
- Other drivers being distracted. It’s more common for a car or truck driver to glance down at a phone or eat while driving than for a motorcycle driver to attempt these reckless driving practices. Always be aware that the other driver might not be looking out for you. Give them space and slow down accordingly.
- Fatigue. If you’re tired, your response time will be slower and you won’t be as alert as you should be to oncoming danger. Try to avoid driving when overly tired.
- Drug or alcohol impairment. We know this goes without saying, but NEVER drive a motorcycle after doing drugs (including legal marijuana) or consuming alcohol, even if you believe you’re alert.
- Speeding. With so many drivers in Whittier, speeding is a common occurrence. We know you need to get to your destination, but obeying the speed limit and going with the flow of traffic decrease your chances of a serious accident.
- Lane splitting. Don’t straddle the divider line while driving your motorcycle. It unnerves other drivers, which could make them less careful.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
A motorcycle rider has less external protection than a heavy car or truck. That’s why bike drivers are at high risk for serious injury.
Some of the most common injuries motorcycle accident victims may experience include:
- Head injuries. Head injuries are common in accidents involving motorcycle riders, such as: traumatic brain injury (TBI), loss of consciousness, broken skull and/or facial bone(s), or concussions.
- Broken bones. Broken bones are one of the most common injuries sustained from motorcycle accidents. Though it may not seem serious, broken bones should be treated as soon as possible. Failure to treat such injuries in a timely manner may result in internal bleeding.
- Spinal cord injuries. These may be temporary or permanent and can affect any part of the body (lower or upper, or either side) depending upon which areas of the spine are affected.
- Road rash. While usually less severe than the other injuries mentioned, road rash can be uncomfortable and may last a few days to two weeks.
- Muscle damage. If the skin is torn by severe road rash or by the motorcycle driver being pulled along the road, muscle damage can occur.
Do You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Sometimes accident victims choose to pursue compensation on their own. But did you know? On average people recover more than 3 times the settlement amount by hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer? Below are a few reasons why you should hire us:
- Industry experience. Our motorcycle accident lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for our clients throughout the years, and we have constantly maintained a 99% success rate. Unlike other law offices, we exclusively focus on motor vehicle accidents and therefore have the expertise required to successfully settle your case.
- Up-to-date knowledge on law changes. The laws surrounding motor vehicle accidents in the state of California change all the time. Our attorneys always keep up to date with the newest legal additions.
- A better outcome. Unlike other law offices, we barely have losing outcomes. We are winners in this field and want you to become a part of it. Maximum compensation is a very achievable outcome with us.
- You don’t pay unless we win your case for you. At Greenleaf Law Associates, we understand the struggles accident victims have to go through. We work on a contingency fee basis and never charge any upfront costs. We only charge if we win your case.
If you'd like to receive a free case evaluation, contact our law firm today. We'll help protect your legal rights.
DO YOU KNOW YOUR RIGHTS? CONTACT OUR KNOWLEDGEABLE ATTORNEYS TODAY
It’s Important to Prove Liability
Even if you may be the victim of a motorcycle accident, without proof you may be ineligible for the compensation you deserve. Compiling the right evidence is imperative for sufficient compensation, and attempting to do so by yourself can be extremely stressful.
Therefore, it is important to hire a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. Your attorney will be able to compile evidence and create a strong, winning case for you. Let the professionals do all the heavy lifting. Unlike insurance companies, we will fight hard for maximum compensation. Let us help bring justice to your case.
DON’T WAIT! CONTACT YOUR WHITTIER AUTO ACCIDENT LAW FIRM TODAY
We understand the frustrations associated with motorcycle accidents. Our motorcycle accident lawyers have successfully represented hundreds of victims and recovered millions of dollars for them. Why should injured victims suffer due to the actions of negligent drivers? You deserve so much more.
Many victims in Southern California often go underrepresented, and we do not wish for such occurrences. If you've been involved in a motorcycle accident in Whittier, get in touch with our motorcycle accident lawyer. We are able to offer you a detailed estimate of your motorcycle accident case. Moreover, like most reputable law firms, we never charge any upfront fees unless we win your case. Reach us at (562) 550-7676 or through our contact page.
CALL OUR LAW OFFICE TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
You never pay a fee unless we win your case for you, and we’ll never receive more financial compensation than you do. We always put accident victims first – so you can get back on the road and back to your normal life as quickly as possible.