Find Out If You Have a Case
Car Accident Lawyer — Whittier, CA
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), 3,316 fatal motor vehicle accidents occurred in California in 2019. As Whittier motor vehicle drivers know, traffic in and surrounding Los Angeles is among the highest in the nation. Unfortunately, this also means chances of getting into an auto accident are high that at some point during your lifetime, you may experience a collision while driving.
If you’ve been in a car accident in Whittier or Los Angeles, you’re not alone. At Greenleaf Law Group, our car accident attorneys are here to help you avoid the common pitfalls in filing your legal claim due to an accident, so you can receive the full financial compensation that’s available to you.
Here’s what you need to know when seeking a Whittier car accident attorney.
An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer is Your Best Option
We know you’re going through a healing process, are worried about finding new transportation or stressed about your auto repair bills. You have enough on your mind right now, so let us help you! Our law offices will never collect a fee unless our Whittier car accident attorneys win your case for you.
At Greenleaf Law Group, we bring a 99% success rate and a passion for helping Whittier car accident victims. We’re ready and waiting to help you through this difficult process. As car accident lawyers in Whittier, our experienced, caring accident attorneys will walk you through the process of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Our concern isn’t just about what happens to you, your health and your vehicle now. We’ll also work to help you navigate a future that may include car repairs or medical bills. Call us 24/7 by phone, live chat or email. Or fill out our form submission to reach a knowledgeable car accident lawyer who can guide you, starting today.
Determining Liability is Critical to Your Personal Injury Case
When it comes to car accidents and personal injuries, some U.S. states are considered “no-fault.” However, this isn’t the case for California, which is a tort liability, or “fault,” state. This means that in order to pursue compensation, you need to prove the other driver was at fault for the collision.
Without proper evidence, it may be hard to recover maximum compensation for your personal injury claim. Depending upon exactly what happened, you may be entitled to injury compensation, compensation for damage to your vehicle, loss of work and other burdens.
For a Whittier car accident case, determining liability will depend upon four factors:
- Duty of care: In the state of California, all drivers are required to drive with reasonable care while operating a motor vehicle.
- Breach of duty: The car accident victim must prove that the accused driver breached their duty to drive safely, resulting in various consequences.
- Causation: The cause of a car accident (for example, a defect in the other driver’s car, the other driver disobeying traffic rules, etc.) can be complicated. It’s critical to hire a car accident attorney who knows exactly how to explain to the judge who was at fault, and why.
- Damages: Damages are another complex issue and can include but are not limited to lost wages, physical injury, and damages to your vehicle.
Determining How Much Your Car Accident Claim Is Worth
How much compensation you may be entitled to for your car accident will vary. There are multiple factors to consider, such as:
- Your current medical bills due to the accident
- Medical expenses you are expected to pay for ongoing treatment
- Permanent injury
- Loss of wages
- Personal property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological after-effects
- Wrongful death
However, just because you may be entitled to various areas of compensation doesn't mean you are guaranteed maximum compensation. For instance, an inexperienced car accident lawyer may not know how to negotiate the right settlement amount from insurance companies. As a result, car accident victims may fail to receive fair compensation and face hefty bills.
If you are curious about the worth of your car accident case, contact our Whittier car accident lawyers today! We offer various free legal services and are able to provide free legal advice for your personal injury case. By hiring an experienced car accident lawyer, you'll be able to relax and focus on recovering your personal injury as well as any emotional distress you may be going through.SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney
While we understand that you may be eager to get started on your own, there are many reasons to hire a professional car accident lawyer to handle your case rather than trying to go for it alone.
A few of these reasons include:
- Industry experience. Our car accident lawyers have extensive experience with hundreds of clients just like yourself. We know how to get you the compensation you both need and deserve. Insurance companies often try to bait victims into accepting a low settlement offer. Do not let the accused party's insurance company take advantage of your confused state! The financial interests of an insurance company do not align with personal injury victims. Our accident lawyers always make sure to aggressively negotiate for our clients.
- Up-to-date knowledge on law changes. California driving and accident laws change all the time. Our auto accident attorneys are on top of all the details you’ll need so you don’t miss out on compensation.
- A better outcome. Data shows that car accident victims who hire a lawyer to handle their auto accident case recover an average of three times the settlement of those who pursue compensation on their own. Have a car accident attorney represent you today!
- You don’t pay unless we win your case for you. You don’t need to worry about how you’ll afford a lawyer. At Greenleaf Law Associates, you don’t pay anything unless your lawsuit is successful and you receive a financial settlement.
Consider hiring an auto accident lawyer near you today! An experienced car accident lawyer may be able to recover compensation for your vehicle accident.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
We sincerely hope you never have to go through this difficult experience again. But because you’ll probably be driving again in the very near future, there are a few things you need to be aware of in order to have your best chance at avoiding a dangerous collision.
Below are some of the most common causes of auto accidents in Southern California:
- Being distracted. Put down the cell phone. Wait until a red light to adjust your radio or playlist.
- Fatigue. Whittier and Los Angeles drivers often commute, which means long hours on the road. This can translate to fatigue. If you’re tired, your response time will be slower and you won’t be as alert as you should be to oncoming danger. Try to avoid driving when overtired.
- Drug or alcohol impairment. We know this goes without saying but NEVER drive after doing drugs (including legal marijuana) or consuming alcohol, even if you believe you’re alert.
- Speeding. With so many people commuting in Whittier and Los Angeles, speeding is common. We know you need to get to your destination, but obeying the speed limit and going with the flow of traffic decrease your chances of getting involved in a serious automobile accident.
- Weather. Rain or high winds can cause your car to drift, skid or spin out. Slow down and be extra-alert during these times.
- Not looking around often enough. Keep your eyes moving so you know what’s going on behind you and on both sides of the car as well as directly in front of you.
- Reckless driving. Don’t succumb to road rage or take risks. It’s not worth it to risk a possible automobile accident when you do.
DO YOU KNOW YOUR RIGHTS? CONTACT OUR CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Common Car Accident Injuries
Immediately after your accident, you may be in shock, or some injuries may not have developed to the point where you feel their full effects. It’s important to see your doctor and go to the hospital or urgent care immediately if you’ve been in a collision.
Some of the most common injuries related to car accidents include:
- Head injuries. These can be particularly serious if you weren’t wearing a seat belt, or if your seat belt wasn’t adjusted properly and went across the side of your neck rather than over your chest. Head injuries common in car accidents are: concussions, lacerations (cuts) to the face or head, bruises to the face or head, loss of consciousness, or direct collision to the windshield or steering wheel.
- Injuries to the chest. These are also more likely when the seatbelt is improperly adjusted but can happen under other circumstances, too.
- Whiplash. Unfortunately, whiplash may occur even if you’re wearing a seatbelt. Whiplash occurs when your head or chest jerks forward and backward in quick motions, literally moving your neck “like a whip” cracking. Catastrophic injuries such as spinal cord injuries are a possible outcome.
- Broken bones. Bones may be broken in the course of a traffic collision depending upon where you were sitting, where the impact happened, the force of the collision, and how protective the car frame and doors are.
- Scrapes or bruising from the airbag. Front and side airbags are invaluable as life-saving devices, but some people have residual effects from the force of the bag inflating on impact.
- Post-accident trauma. A car accident is a frightening and jarring experience. You may have some psychological effects for a period of time afterwards.
Negligent drivers abound in the roads of Whittier and Los Angeles. No matter how careful you are, one distracted driver is all it takes to get into a car accident. If you were injured due to someone else's negligence, contact a personal injury attorney near you now. We'll guide you towards the necessary legal steps. Our car accident attorney is here to help.SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
DON’T WAIT! CONTACT YOUR WHITTIER AUTO ACCIDENT LAW FIRM TODAY
If you’ve been the victim of a car accident, time is of essence. Waiting to pursue legal action against the liable party may hurt your case! Failure to pursue legal action in a timely manner may weaken your case and consequently lower your chances of maximum compensation. Therefore, it is critical to have a personal injury lawyer represent you for your auto accident as soon as possible.
We know you have many concerns. Personal injury claims can be a headache to deal with. That’s why our knowledgeable, caring attorneys are here to guide you through the often complex and confusing process of finding out how you can receive compensation.
CALL OUR LAW OFFICE TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
You never pay a fee unless we win your case for you, and we’ll never receive more financial compensation than you do. We always put accident victims first – so you can get back on the road and back to your normal life as quickly as possible.