Accident & Personal Injury Law Firm in Whittier, CA
Have you been injured due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing? Do you need a trusted and experienced personal injury lawyer to fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve? If so, you have come to the right place.
At Greenleaf Law Group, we are dedicated to helping victims of auto accidents in Whittier, CA and surrounding areas. We have years of experience handling all types of auto accident cases, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and more. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and have a 99% success rate.
Don't let an injury ruin your life. Contact us today for a free consultation and let us help you get the justice and recovery you deserve. You can call us at 562-550-7676 or fill out our online form. We are available 24/7 and we can come to you if you can't come to us.
We are Whittier personal injury lawyers you can trust.
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN
Our personal injury law firm works on a 100% contingency fee. This means we never collect upfront legal fees until we win your case.
Our Practice Areas
3 REASONS TO CHOOSE OUR FIRM TO REPRESENT YOU
Do I Really Need a Lawyer?
If you have been injured in an auto accident, you may be wondering if you really need a lawyer to handle your claim. After all, you may think that the insurance company will offer you a fair settlement without any hassle. Or you may believe that you can handle the negotiations and paperwork yourself and save some money on legal fees.
However, the truth is that hiring a lawyer can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. A lawyer can protect your rights, advocate for your best interests, and help you obtain the maximum compensation you deserve. Here are some of the benefits of hiring a lawyer after an auto accident:
- Investigate your accident and gather evidence to support your claim, such as a police report, medical records, and witness statements. A lawyer can also reconstruct the accident scene and determine the cause and liability of the accident.
- Negotiate with the insurance company and handle all the communication on your behalf. Insurance adjusters may try to minimize your injuries, deny your claim, or pressure you to accept a lowball offer. A lawyer can present a strong and persuasive demand letter and counter any arguments or tactics from the insurance company.
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court if necessary. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement or disputes your claim, a lawyer can prepare and file a lawsuit on your behalf.
What Damages Can I Recover After an Auto Accident?
Injured accident victims may be eligible to recover two types of damages in a California personal injury claim: economic and non-economic damages. These are compensatory damages that are meant to cover your losses and harm that resulted from an accident caused by someone else’s negligence.
Economic damages are actual costs that you, the victim of a negligent driver, incurred as a result of the accident. These can include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages or loss of earning capacity
Non-economic damages are intangible losses that cannot be assigned a monetary value. These can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
What Should I Do After a Whittier Auto Accident?
Auto accidents are scary events that can leave victims with long-lasting side effects. However, you don’t just want to leave the accident scene without gathering some important evidence first. Here are a few important steps to take after an accident in Whittier:
- Check for injuries and call 911: The first thing you should do is check yourself and anyone else involved for injuries. If anyone is hurt or the accident is blocking traffic, call 911 and request medical assistance and police presence. Even if you think your injuries are minor, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible, as some injuries may not show symptoms right away. Make sure the officer creates a police report, then obtain the report number.
- Exchange information and document the scene: As long as you are able to do so, exchange information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident, including their name, address, phone number, driver's license number, license plate number, insurance company, and policy number. You should also get the contact information of any witnesses who saw the accident. Take pictures and videos of the scene, the vehicles, the damages, the injuries, and any other relevant details.
- Be careful about what you say: At the accident scene, do not discuss fault with the other driver. If their insurance company calls you for a statement, be careful about what you say. Insurance adjusters are not your friend in this situation, and will try to find ways to minimize or deny your claim.
- Contact a Whittier auto accident lawyer: One of the most important steps you should take after a Whittier auto accident is to contact an experienced lawyer. A lawyer will help protect your legal rights and pursue fair compensation for your damages.